Monday 22 June 2015

Colourful Paper Planes - Super Easy Colouring!

Hi everyone! I'm so tempted to use florals again this week but I wanted to dive into another new set this month that I have not touched yet. Today, I will share how I coloured 5 images with various colours at the same time. Intrigued? hehe I hope so! 

I like exploring different ways to colour my image. I've done this technique for a background but I wanted to see how I like it when I use it to colour my images :) 



I started out by randomly heat embossing clouds and smooshing it into puddles of Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers & Evergreen Bough) to make a light blue sky.


I went back to spray some water to make it softer when I thought there was too much colour and used my finger to dab some of the ink on some areas that I wanted to get some splotches.


While that was drying, I went on to heat embossed some paper planes images on watercolour paper. I cut the paper to a smaller size so it's easier to do this step. 


I zoomed in to this image because I wanted to show you that I traced the sides of the paper. This helps me determined where I should placed my ink.


I smooshed the paper into the puddle of rainbow distress inks and in a quick second I have coloured all five images with various colours. :) 


I wanted to white frame so I blocked most of the background that I already did. I hope you like it!


Materials used : 

Create A Smile Stamps - Uplifting


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy