Monday 4 April 2016

Made With Love - Watercolour + Cardmaking

Hi everyone! I'm excited to show you some card I've made for the Made With Love Design Team. Made With Love is a craft store in Singapore. If you're living in Singapore, drop by the store! It's at a mall called Somerset 313. All products showcased are available at the Made With Love store.

This isn't new but including some form of watercolour medium into cardmaking has been popular for a while now. I find myself reaching for my Distress Inks / other watercolour medium to play with colour and make watercolour background and to colour the stamped images. 

So, today, I'm sharing with you a few of my projects that shows some ways I incorporated watercolouring to my cards along with some mini tips. Hope you'll enjoy them! 

Look #1


For this simple card, it's perfect if you any bold and big sentiment that doesn't need any images. Lay on some colours and the sentiment right in the middle and you're good. I'm not an expert in any way when it comes to watercolour but I like to play with it and do what works for me :) 

I layered the yellow and orange until I get the colours I want. When the colours are still wet and you add in a new layer, it will mix so you'll need to make sure that the colours you mix will not turn "muddy".


Look 2

This is great for anyone who doesn't have a lot of stamp sets to play with. I purchased the Prima Watercoloring Book and cut out the flowers from the book and used it as an embellishment.

I didn't want to fussy cut every tiny detail. So if you're like me, what you can do it colour in the white space with the same colour as your background.


Look 3


You can use watercolours to give a quick and random colours to your die cut. I just made a blob of colours first and then do the die cutting (Lawn Fawn). This way is easier than trying to colour those tiny die cuts individually.


Look #4

For this card, I just wanted to show you that you don't have to add a big background. You can have the colours coming in from the corners to create some interest like what I've done here.


I hope you have enjoyed my samples! Stop by Made With Love to get quality supplies. Remember, you can recreate all the looks using anything you prefer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy