Monday 2 November 2015

Made With Love - Background Stamps

Hi everyone! I'm excited to show you some card I've made for the Made With Love Design Team. Made With Love is a craft store in Singapore. If you're living in Singapore, drop by the store! It's at a mall called Somerset 313. Today I will share three cards today and I'm showing 3 different ways of using your background stamps.


Card #1

Starting of by directly stamping the background stamp (Hero Arts Basic Grey) on a watercolour paper using VersaMark Ink & heat embossing it with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder.


To add some colour to the stamp, I took the Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink Marker and add some colour to my acrylic block. You can also do it with your ink pad if you have one. I used my paint brush (loaded with water) and started to colour it some parts of the background paper with the colour. 

To finish the card, I've die cut the sentiment using the Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday Die cut, added orange Ranger Stickles and the background paper is from Doodlebug Fall Friends.



Card #2

I used this the same background stamp as above but achieving different card look. I embossed it with Ranger Gold Embossing powder on a kraft paper. This gives a tone-on-tone look but with a bit of shine. I cut the background panel into two to have a white separation and I find that this gives the card a bit of character and dimension. 

To use the flowers from the Echo Park Paper Designer Stamps, I took my distress ink Markers in Abandoned Coral, Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Cracked Pistachio &  Mermaid Lagoon and used the markers to add colour directly onto the stamp. This allows you to put down the colour exactly where you want it.


I stamped it on a watercolour piece so that I could then pull the colours from the outline using a clean waterbrush into the white space of the image.


To finish the card, I added the sentiment from the same set and heat embossed it in white. Added the enamel dots from My Mind's Eye and of course, added the flowers. In the close-up below, I've added a wash of the clear glitter Wink Of Stella pen over the flowers to add some glam to the flowers hehe.



Card #3 

For my last card, I used a floral background stamp instead. But you can achieve the same look with any background stamp you have. I started by placing a circle paper in the middle of the card because I wanted to keep the middle part clean from the background stamp. This is what you call "masking". You masked the area that you want to keep "clean". This is a good technique to use if you like to make a one-layer card.


As normal, I stamped the background stamp directly on to the panel and then peel off the circle before putting my white embossing powder. I choose to use Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Pickled Raspberry, Barn Door, Dusty Concord, Broken China & Peeled Paint to achieve this rainbow look.  

To finish off, I added a black bold sentiment from Avery Elle Many Thanks set and added the glitter enamel dots, from the same My Mind's Eye pack I used in Card #2


I hope you've enjoyed this and is inspired to run to Made With Love to get some background stamps! 

If you have an questions, please leave a comment or if you have an tutorial request :D

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy