Monday 10 March 2014

Flying Unicorn - Mojo Monday Challenge

I'm so happy to get my fingers all inky again. Here's a sketch from Flying Unicorn. Click on the link below and it will bring you to the page.


I took some inspiration from the sketch except that I moved the title to the side and put the photo to the side too. This is a mini layout. It's a 4x8 canvas layout. I cut the sticky back canvas and stuck it on  a hard backing. 

Showing you the process of the layout and the final piece is all the way at the bottom. 
Hope you like it!

I stuck on some maya road chipboards and cup off the excess. I've had this chipboard for years and finally found a reason to use a whole bunch of them.

Covering the whole thing with gesso so that it would catch my inks.

 Started to use distress stains

After the distress stain dries, it turned out a bit pale then I wanted it to be like the picture below. I used My Mind's Eye burlap.

So I added some Dylusions Spray Inks to make the colour bolder.

Added wood embellishments from Basic Grey and it's all done. It's a photo of my boyfriend cooking :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy