Tuesday 26 November 2013

My Art Journal Journey - Part 3 (Using Hand-Carved Stamps)

Hi all! Thank you for stopping by my blog. In my previous post, I've shared with you my first batch of hand-carved stamps. I had so much fun making them. Can't wait to make more. So I would like to share with you a new page using my own stamps :) Hope you like it!

First I'm gonna show you just a few progressional pictures.

I prime my paper with Gesso. I don't purchase watercolour paper (I should) so I prime my paper all the time. 

I used Distress Stains to just dab around. I used Evergreen Bough, Wild Honey and Worn Lipstick.

Ah my first border stamp. I hand-carved this myself and I'm pretty happy how it turned out. Below you will also see some houses being stamped, I hand-carved those myself too :) I re-dabbed the stains to create more interest to the page. 


This is just how it's sitting in my book now. 

2 comments:

  1. Great stamps and lovely page! I know that you will enjoy those stamps for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool background, great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy