Thursday 26 September 2013

I Am Roses - September Challenge

I Am Roses products are fun to play with. Especially the white ones because you can paint and ink to any colours you want.

For this month, the I Am Roses challenge blog has a new challenge in store of us. Here are the details : Color Challenge: Yellow 
Theme : Birthday Fun
Minimum (2) I Am Roses Products 

I realise that I don't have a lot, or at all, yellow flowers so I decided to turn my white flowers into yellow ones. I took some photos of my progress for this altered project and the finished project is at the bottom of this entry along with the supply list. Hope you like it! 


Using Mustard Seed distress Ink to colour the white flower with the blending tool. I like using the blending tool because I can control how much yellow I want on the flower.


But just for experimental sake, I tried to paint them watercolour style using the same distress ink.



 While I set asides the flowers to let it dry, I move on on my butterfly chipboard from Maya. As you can see below, I paint it using Picket Fence Distress Paint and then go over it with Ranger Frosted Lace stickles.




Anyways, here is the final look with the closeups.







Supplies List :
Chipboards - Maya Road Butterfly Chipboard Set & a piece from Maya Road chipboard album.
Inks - Mustard Seed & Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Paints - Picket Fence Distress Paint, Dirty Martini & Paprika Glimmer Glam Paint by Tattered Angels.
Other Embellishments - Prima Say It In Crystals, American Crafts Chipboard  Sunrise Thickers, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Burlap, Unknown ribbon, 

4 comments:

  1. Love how you used watercolor to color the flower yellow and it turned out pretty neat! Thanks so much for playing along at IAmRoses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome project, love how you've altered everything. Thanks for joining us this month at I Am Roses.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining the IAR challenge! Your flowers turned out lovely! Thanks for sharing with us how you altered the flowers.Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy